Makes: 8 servings (3/4 cup)
Total Time: 1 hour
Nutrition per Serving
99 calories | 5.9 g from fat | 11.7 g carbohydrates | 4.7 g fiber | 2 g protein | 258 mg sodium
- 2 red bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 1/2 pounds eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices (about 2 medium)
- 1 sweet onion, cut into wedges
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ounce oil-cured olives (about 12), pitted and halved
- 1/4 cup fresh small basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Combine first 4 ingredients, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, 1 tablespoon oil, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Place bell peppers, skin sides down, and onion on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 10 minutes. Turn onion; add eggplant to grill. Remove bell peppers. Place bell peppers in a zip-top bag; seal. Let stand 10 minutes. Grill eggplant and onion 5 minutes; remove onion. Turn eggplant; grill 5 minutes. Remove eggplant. Add tomatoes to a grill basket; grill 5 minutes. Remove bell peppers from bag. Peel and discard skins; slice lengthwise.
- Combine 1/4 teaspoon salt, vinegar, and sugar. Slowly add 2 tablespoons oil, stirring with a whisk. Combine vegetables, dressing, garlic, and olives. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, basil, and chives.
*Source: My Recipes