Makes: 2-4 servings
Total Time: 1 hr 15 minutes
Nutrition per Serving
498 calories | 10 g from fat (8 g saturated) | 96 g carbohydrates | 13 g fiber | 7 g protein | 22 g sugars | 970 mg sodium
- 1 ½ tablespoons virgin coconut oil
- 1 ¾ pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar, packed
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon grated nutmeg
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Melt the coconut oil in a small saucepan over low heat.
- In a large bowl, toss together potatoes, coconut oil, sugar, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Spread the potatoes in an even layer on a large baking sheet. Roast, tossing occasionally, until soft and caramelized, about 1 hour.
*Source: The New York Times