Makes: 8 servings (1 burger)
Total Time: 40 mins
Nutrition per Serving
355 calories | 13.3 g from fat | 61 mg cholesterol | 32.2 g carbohydrates | 1.4 g fiber | 24.6 g protein | 621 mg sodium
- 2 (1-ounce) slices country white bread
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground sirloin
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- Cooking spray
- 8 hamburger rolls, halved
- Prepare grill.
- Place bread in a food processor; process 30 seconds or until finely ground. Place breadcrumbs in a large bowl. Add milk to breadcrumbs; toss with a fork to moisten. Add salt, pepper, and beef to breadcrumb mixture, stirring just until combined. Divide meat mixture into 16 equal portions, shaping each into a 3 1/2-inch patty. Spoon 1 tablespoon cheese in the center of each of 8 patties; top each with 1 remaining patty, pinching edges to seal.
- Place patties on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from heat; keep warm.
- Lightly coat cut sides of rolls with cooking spray; place cut sides down on grill rack, and grill 30 seconds or until toasted. Serve patties on toasted rolls with desired toppings.
*Source: My Recipes