Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Nutrition per Serving
397 calories | 1.5 g from fat | 74 mg cholesterol | 58.2 g carbohydrates | 4.2 g fiber | 27.3 g protein | 505 mg sodium | 10.7 g sugar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut in half
- 6 pineapple rings
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 6 slices red onion
- 6 Hawaiian bread rolls- split and toasted
- 6 lettuce leaves- rinsed and dried
- Whisk together the lemon juice, lime juice, cider vinegar, salt and pepper in a large glass or ceramic bowl. Add the chicken and toss to evenly coat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, and shake off excess. Discard the remaining marinade. Grill the chicken for 5 to 7 minutes each side, or until juices run clear when chicken is pierced with a fork. Grill pineapple for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until heated through and grill marks appear.
- Spread 1 teaspoon teriyaki sauce on the bottom half of a toasted roll; next add a lettuce leaf, a piece of chicken, a pineapple round, and an onion slice. Replace the top and repeat with the remaining rolls.