Makes: 12 servings
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Nutrition per Serving
Calories 334 / Fat 22.8g / Satfat 7.2g / Sugar 3.7g / Protein 23.7g / Carbohydrate 8.1g / Fiber 2.6g / Cholesterol 81mg / Sodium 188mg /
- 4 pounds corned beef brisket
- 6 cups water
- 2 tsp black peppercorns
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp dried mustard
- 1 head cabbage, cut into wedges or 8 cups
- 2 onions or 1 cup sliced
- 4 carrots or 1 cup, sliced into thirds
- 4 celery stalks or 1 cup chopped
- Place beef brisket into the pot. Discard the spic packet that comes with the meat.
- Cover the beef with water, add more to cover if needed.
- Add the spices into the pot.
- Cover and set on “Meat/Stew” for 60 minutes on high.
- Hit Cancel then use the Natural Release method, about 20 minutes.
- Remove cover carefully, watch for steam, remove brisket and keep warm.
- Add the vegetables to the pot and press “Soup” setting for 15 minutes.
- Use the “Quick” Release method.
- Uncover and add the beef back to the pot to warm through.
- Enjoy immediately!
Crock Pot Directions:
- Add all ingredients into the crock pot except the cabbage. Make sure the meat is fat side up.
- Cook on low 6 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- In the last hour add the cabbage.