Makes: vegan, about 2 1/2 cups, 8 servings
Total Time: 10 minutes
Nutrition per Serving
128 calories / 10.2 g from fat (1.5 g sat. fat) / 7.1 g carbohydrates / 3.1 g protein / 21 mg sodium / 2.6 g fiber
- 1 can white cannellini beans (1 1/2 cups) – drain/rinse in hot water
- 1 cup kale (I actually used frozen kale! But fresh works too)
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp lemon juice + generous pinch of lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp fine black pepper
- 3 dashes of cayenne
- 1/4 cup raw cashews (no need to soak if using a high speed blender of food processor)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp tahini, roasted, organic
- 1/4+ cup warm water
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley, flat-leaf
- optional: garlic powder or roasted garlic
- Add all ingredients to high speed blender of Vitamix. Blend from low to high until silky and smooth. Add a few extra splashes of water or drizzles of oil if needed to blend smooth. (It will firm up quite a bit in the fridge)
- Pour in serving dish and chill in fridge for 1 hour or overnight. You could serve right away or warm if desired as well.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil on top and fresh parsley to garnish.
Serve with: flax crackers, carrot sticks, rice crackers, toasty bread and more.
*Source: Lunch Box Bunch