Makes: about 12 servings
Total Time: 45 minutes
Nutrition per Serving
548.5 calories / 34.6 g fat / 54.3 g carbohydrates / 7 g protein / 101.7 mg sodium / 126.2 mg cholesterol / 51.3 g sugar / 82.1 g potassium
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, almond extract, mint extract, or other flavoring, (optional)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, cold
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- In a medium saucepan, bring blueberries, sugar, and lemon juice to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat and gently boil for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool completely.
- With an electric mixer, whip cream until stiff peaks form.
- To a large bowl, add sweetened condensed milk. Gently in the whipped cream and vanilla flavoring. Add the cooled blueberry mixture and stir just until combined.
- Pour mixture into a loaf pan and cover the top with a piece of wax paper. Freeze for at least six hours or overnight before serving. Keeps well for two weeks.