Makes: 4 servings
Total Time: 35 mins
Nutrition per Serving
412 calories | 12 g from fat (3 g saturated fat) | 56 g carbohydrates | 5 g fiber | 19 g protein
- 8 ounces penne
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp (about 13 to 15), peeled and deveined, tails removed
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium head fennel, quartered, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 15 – ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped pitted green olives
- 1/4 cup (about 1 1/2 ounces) feta, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
- Cook penne according to package directions, reserving 1 cup pasta water; drain.
- Meanwhile, pat shrimp dry and season with salt and pepper to taste. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook until pink in the middle, about 3 minutes. Transfer shrimp to a plate and set aside.
- Return skillet to stove and heat remaining oil over medium heat. Add garlic, onion and fennel; season with salt and pepper to taste; and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in olives, shrimp and penne, adding reserved pasta water as needed to loosen sauce. Sprinkle with feta and oregano.
*Source: Fitness Magazine