Makes: 6 cups
Total Time: 20 mins
Nutrition per Serving
150 calories | 10 g from fat (1 g saturated fat) | 11 g carbohydrates | 2 g fiber | 6 g protein | 7 g sugar | 0 mg cholesterol | 83 mg sodium
- 2 cups baby pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 3/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 6 tablespoons pure Grade B maple syrup
- Coarse salt
- 1 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a large bowl, toss the pumpkin seeds, almonds, and sunflower seeds and the syrup until evenly coated. Spread the nuts and seeds out, in an even single layer, on the lined baking sheets and season with salt to taste. Bake the nuts, stirring several times with spatula or wooden spoon, until just golden, about 20 minutes.
- Cool the nuts completely on the pan, then add the cherries and toss to combine. Store cooled trail mix in an airtight container at room temperature.
*Source: Food Network