Makes: 6 servings
Total Time: 20 – 30 minutes
Nutrition per Serving
288 calories / 17 g from fat / 5 g carbohydrates / 31 g protein / 292 mg sodium / 0 g fiber
- 1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- Coarse black pepper
- Olive oil (optional)
- 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Rinse salmon fillet and place skin-side down on a flat baking pan. Pour soy sauce over salmon and sprinkle with pepper.
- Roast salmon using the 10-minute rule–approximately 10 minutes per inch of thickness at the thickest point. If you want to brown the top, brush lightly with olive oil and sear the salmon before roasting, or run briefly under broiler.
- Cook until the salmon is opaque and flakes easily with a fork (internal temperature of 145°F). Serve salmon hot or cold with dill sauce.
- Lightly salt and drain 1/2 cup finely chopped cucumber.
- Combine lightly salted and drained cucumber with 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream and 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill (or more to taste).