Total Time: 20 minutes
Nutrition per Serving: Dip
94.6 calories | 32 calories from fat | 3.6 g fat (0.5 g sat) | 0 mg cholesterol | 12.1 g carbohydrates | 2.8 g fiber | 4 g protein | 268.3 mg sodium
Nutrition per 1 oz. Serving: Pita Chips
120 calories | 4 g fat (0 g sat, 3 g mono, 0 g poly) | 19 g carbohydrates | 0 g fiber | 270 mg sodium | 0 mg cholesterol | 0 mg potassium | 0 g sugars
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 roasted red bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 whole-wheat pitas
- paprika (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a small mixing bowl, whisk olive oil, oregano, garlic powder, and sea salt to combine.
- Cut pitas into small 2- to 3-inch triangles. Place on a cooking sheet, brush with herbed olive oil, and bake for 3 to 4 minutes. Flip and bake another 3 to 4 minutes. (Watch chips closely, as they bake quickly.) Remove from oven, cool slightly, and sprinkle with paprika or additional sea salt, if desired.
- Combine all dip ingredients in a food processor and pulse until smooth.