Makes: 13 servings, about 1/2 cup each
Total Time: 35 minutes
Nutrition per Serving:
79.5 calories | 3.5 g fat | 0 mg cholesterol | 12 g carbohydrates | 3 g protein | 3 g fiber | 127 mg sodium (without the salt)
- 15.5 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 9 oz cooked corn, fresh or frozen (thawed if frozen)
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/3 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 1/2 – 2 limes, juice of
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh minced cilantro (or more to taste)
- salt and fresh pepper
- 1 medium hass avocado, diced
- 1 diced jalapeno (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine beans, corn, tomato, onion, scallion, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice to taste and stir in olive oil.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Add avocado just before serving.