Makes: 4 servings // Size: 2 lettuce wraps
Total Time: 30 mins
Nutrition per Serving
255 calories | 11 g from fat | 6 g carbohydrates | 2 g fiber | 30 g protein | 2 g Sugar | 849 mg sodium | 108 mg cholesterol
- 1.3 lbs 99% lean ground turkey
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 2 tbsp bell pepper, minced
- 3/4 cup water
- 4 oz can tomato sauce
- 8 large lettuce leaves from Iceberg lettuce
- (optional) 1/2 cup shredded reduced fat cheddar
- Brown turkey in a large skillet breaking it into smaller pieces as it cooks. When no longer pink add dry seasoning and mix well.
- Add the onion, pepper, water and tomato sauce and cover. Simmer on low for about 20 minutes.
- Wash and dry the lettuce.
- Divide the meat equally between the 8 leaves and place in the center of each leaf and top with your favorite taco fixings!
*Source: Skinny Taste