Makes: 8 servings
Total Time: 55 minutes
Nutrition per Serving
200 calories / 4 g fat / 29 g carbohydrates / 120 mg sodium / 34 mg cholesterol
- 2 cups macaroni
- Nonstick cooking spray (as needed)
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 cups evaporated fat-free milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 1/4 cups low-fat cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Cook macaroni according to directions—but do not add salt to the cooking water. Drain and set aside.
- Lightly spray saucepan with nonstick cooking spray. Add onions to saucepan and sauté for about 3 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine macaroni, onions, and the rest of the ingredients and mix thoroughly. Spray casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Transfer mixture into casserole dish. Bake for 25 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.