Makes: 12 servings, 1/2 cup each
Active Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 3 1/2 hours (including chilling & freezing times)
Nutrition per Serving
56 calories | 0 g from fat (0 g saturated, 0 g mono-saturated) | 0 mg cholesterol | 14 g carbohydrates | 0 g fiber | 0 g protein | 1 mg sodium | 8 g added sugars | 13 g total sugars | 88 mg potassium
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 6 cups watermelon chunks, (4-pound watermelon), seeded
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Combine sugar and water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature, about 45 minutes. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
- Place watermelon and lime juice in a food processor; process until smooth. Set a sieve over a large bowl and press the puree through to remove tiny seeds. Whisk in the sugar syrup.
- Pour the watermelon mixture into a shallow metal pan and freeze until ice crystals form around the edges, about 30 minutes. Stir the ice crystals into the center of the pan and return to the freezer; repeat every 20 minutes until all the liquid is frozen.
- Serve immediately or transfer to a storage container and let harden in the freezer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Serve in chilled dishes.
Tips & Notes
Make Ahead Tip: Freeze in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
*Source: Eating Well